Part I of IV: When do I Hire a CFO and What is a Fractional CFO?
"When Do I Hire a Fractional CFO and What is a Fractional CFO?"
By the end of our time together you will understand the value of a CFO, how we are different than accountants, when you might need one, and why a fractional might make sense for you.
1. CFO Value or Purpose within your business
2. C-level experience to your business
1. Bookkeeping and controller staff as a series of checks and balances to strengthen security and present accurate financials
2. Financial Analysis
3. Other areas of firm - IT, HR, Legal, Backoffice, Operations, etc depending on experience
4. Reporting internally and with key stakeholders
1. Budgets, financial projections to make strategic and financially informed decisions
2. Prepare for and/or attend board members - financial package, strategic planning, coach for presenting
3. Investor relations - public, angel, private equity
4. Other - Represent the company in difficult conversations with clients, vendors, prospects, etc
5. Firm health
1. Profits - Pricing, margin analysis, tools
2. Cash position - AR, AP, liquidity planning beyond bank balance,
3. Capital position, needs, raising, and sources
#capitisadvisors #CFO #financialplanning #rva #financialadvisors #smallbusinesses #finance #budgeting #growth #podcast